Jewelry is one of the most popular forms of personal decoration, and with good reason. Not only do pieces of jewelry add an elegant touch to any outfit, but they also often come in different shapes and sizes that can be perfect for pairing with different outfits.
What to look for in a good ornament bail
When picking out a jewelry bail, it is important to consider the specific needs of your project. Here are some things to look for:
- -Durability: A good bail will be durable enough to hold up to wear and tear, while also being sleek and stylish.
- -Ease of use: The bail should be easy to attach and remove without having to use any tools.
- -Versatility: A good bail should be able to be used with a variety of materials, including metals and plastics.
- -Price: Bails can range in price from affordable options that are available online, all the way up to more expensive options that are only available in specialty stores.
Types of jewelry bails
- -Hinged bail: This type of bail is hinged along one edge, which allows you to open and close it like a door. This is great for adding a decorative element to your piece, or for securing items such as earrings or necklaces while they're being worn.
- -Clasp bail: A clasp bail is similar to a hinged bail, but it has two hinges instead of one. This allows you to open and close it in two different directions, which is useful for attaching multiple pieces of jewelry together.
- -Ring bail: A ring bail is made out of a thin wire mesh, and it's typically used to attach rings together. It has a U-shaped opening that's sized to fit around a ring size.
- -Buckle bail: A buckle bail is made out of metal or plastic, and it's typically used to attach bracelets.